Bicicleta Sem Freio
Acclaimed Brazilian design & illustration collective, Bicicleta Sem Freio, formed in Goiânia, Brazil, in 2005 by graphic designers Douglas Castro, Victor Rocha, and Renato Reno, are internationally famed for their large-scale public artworks, typified by highly-expressive line work, & expansive colour palettes.
Juxtaposing surreal, often-provocative temptresses, with tentacled marine life, phantoms, kaleidoscopic flesh work, classic rock n’ roll iconography, chopped motorcycles, &, more flesh, Bicicleta Sem Freio will create a colossal public mural, across all four floors of Legendary investors Group No 1, LLC’s 420 Boyd Street Building.
Whilst Bicicleta Sem Freio attends to the building’s exterior, within, L.A. Visual Artists DevnGosha created another public artwork throughout the address’s atriums & stairwells.
Increasingly exhibiting throughout L.A whilst gaining broader visibility, through a series of recent large-scale mural commissions, DevnGosha’s emergent, more restrained line-imagery & disjointed scenery, find ready complement in the brilliant swathes of candy colour & bold pop iconography, of Brazilians, Bicicleta Sem Freio.
Bicicleta Sem Freio and DevnGosha were commissioned by Legendary Developments, LLC, in collaboration with The Do Art Foundation and the Los Angeles City Council.
- Bicicleta Sem Freio New Mural - Los Angeles, USA (Part I)- via Streetartnews.net
- Bicicleta Sem Freio Mural in DTLA - via CartWheelArt.com
- Arts District, Downtown LA building, painted by Brazilian Art Collective & Local artist - via LA.com
- Cartwheel Art - via Facebook.com
- devNgosha Create New Mural in Downtown LA - via HiFructose.com